The following is from JeanAnn and would be a good starting point for everyone if they want to participate this Saturday.
Mobile Test Experience Opportunity on Weekend Testing Americas Session -
Configuration Tests on Mobile Devices
Come join me on Saturday 2/9 at 1PM EST/10AM PST for the February session of Weekend Testers Americas.
We will be performing tests on the Facebook versions for the Mobile Phone, Tablet and Laptop/Desktop.
Out mission and charter will include the following (we may not hit it all, but these are the questions you should be prepared to consider as we do this session):
- What kinds of tests should be performed on all 3 configurations and what different tests need to be performed based on the configuration?
- What are the differences pertinent to the desktop application in comparison to the mobile version?
- How are the advertisements presented on the desktop version vs the mobile phone and tablet versions? What about the newsfeed on each configuration? Are they the same?
What else can we find?
- What are the differences of the application on the phone, tablet and desktop?
- Will the Android version be very different than an iPhone or iPad?
- What can we learn in how we test all configurations? Does the operating system make a difference from device to device?
- Does the device make a difference: mobile phone over tablet?
To join this session, please do the following:
1. Add “weekendtestersamericas” to your Skype contacts if you haven’t already.
2. Fifteen minutes prior to the start of the session, please message “weekendtestingamericas”
and ask to be added to the chat session. Once we see you, we will add you to the session.
We hope to see you there!